Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Tales of the Bizarre: Dat's My Leg!

Why, oh why, did I not buy this game when I saw it at The Sentry Box, lo these 20 years ago. According to BGG, the game description is as follows.

"The Trollsome game of Bodybuilding. Trolls are stupid! I mean , really, really thick. Quite often, they leave bits of themselves lying around in troll holes. A troll almost never notices he has lost a leg or even his head! He soon grows a new one anyway, so he doesn't care two hoots! Players move their Gobbos around the board, trying to collect enough "Troll Bitz" to make 2 complete trolls.
From a line of 4 kids games
Games Workshop Ltd. released so that the kids would have something to play while you and your mates played Warhammer. Each included a Trollish Tunes tape which included silly songs sung by Trolls."

4 comments:

ze bulette said...

I'm not much of a board game player these days, but "Bridge Troll" has caught my eye of late...

http://www.zmangames.com/cardgames/bridge_troll.htm

Aaron E. Steele said...

I'll play just about any game (once), board or otherwise. One of my favorite games, Magic Realm, is effectively a board game, though the board changes everytime you play.

The whole idea of having your kids play "Oi! Dat's My Leg!", while you are playing Warhammer seems completely surreal to me.

Several of my buddies also saw this game on The Sentry Box shelves. Saying "Oi! Dat's My Leg!" became code for ... well, i'm not sure what, but we would burst into gales of laughter afterwards.

Truly bizarre. Thanks Games Workshop, you gave us many mirth-filled moments over this game title. Someone bought this game, since the game eventually disappeared from the shelves.

Timeshadows said...

I've seen it, too.
--Never thought much of it, but this gives me pause.

:D

Aaron E. Steele said...

I have no idea whether this gmae is any good, though I'd love to hear from someone who owns it. I'd ask them what possessed them to buy it, and did it ever get played more than once.