Saturday, September 12, 2009

Resource Cards: Semi-Precious Stones

For the last couple of weeks, I have been working on a set of resource cards, as part of a resource management project I envisioned. I posted earlier that the purpose of this project was to reduce the amount of resource tracking required on a character record sheet, and to reduce the level of abstraction of various possessions.

I presumed that one of my armor card sheets would the first out of the gate, but I got a second wind on my gem card sheets (thanks to the marvelous gems tables in the AD&D Dungeon Masters Guide.

This is my first sheet of gems cards. The second gems card sheet will include the precious gems (diamonds, rubies, emeralds) along with more treasure chests, sacks and purses of coins and treasure.

Once this gets pdf'd, one simply has to print the sheet, and cut out the cards. Each card is roughly 1"x1.25". For my test file, I printed the cards on 110 lb. card stock.

Let me know what you think. Unfortunately, this will be a very much fits-and-starts project, as I now have a list of approximately 30 more sheets of resource cards I want to create.