Thursday, November 5, 2009

The Hobbit Movie: Script Given To Ian McKellan


I have tried hard to keep my Lord of the Rings geekiness from bleeding over into my blog. After all, I started blogging to comment on the rules-light games that I enjoy playing. While that includes The Lord of the Rings Strategy Battle Game, I intended to limit my comments to the game itself, not on Lord of the Rings generally.

I'm sure you can see where this post is going...

I am excited to hear the news that Ian McKellan has been given an advance copy of "The Hobbit" movie screen-play. This strongly suggests (confirms?) that Ian will, in fact, be playing Gandalf in The Hobbit Movies.

I couldn't be more pleased.

3 comments:

Rognar said...

You've got more self-control than me. I just blog about whatever crap pops into my head.

JB said...

I'm with Rog.

Jay said...

Apparently Sir Ian did mentioned the script in a recent interview:

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2009/11/06/ian-mckellen-on-the-hobbit-script-and-the-other-tolkien-sources-it-pulls-from/