Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Class Codes For Resource Cards


Here are some single-digit class codes for my resource card project.  As you can see, i'm having trouble with the Monk, Bard, Psionicist and Amazon, since Magic User, Barbarian, Paladin and Assassin are already occupying the M, B, P and A slots.

The class codes will be used on my resource cards to indicate which spells, powers, magic items, equipment and so on can be used by which class.

Jongleur is not a bad replacement for Bard, nor is Valkyrie for Amazon, but i'm not terribly happy with Grappler (for Monk) and Xsion (for Psionicist).  I settled on Xsion because it reminded me of the X-men, and anything with X's in it must be cool.

I'm open to alternatives, of course.

3 comments:

Black Vulmea said...

How about Hermit for Monk?

Aaron E. Steele said...

The thought had crossed my mind.

Do you find Hermit more evocative of the Monk class than Grappler?

Black Vulmea said...

Hermit has the religious ascetic thing going for it.

As far as being bare-handed whirling death, not so much.