Saturday, May 26, 2012

Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG

Allow me to add my voice to the growing chorus of voices singing the praises of the Dungeon Crawl Classics Role Playing Game.

As a big proponent of the FLGS system, I try as much as possible to purchase my gaming items from my FLGS, The Sentry Box, rather than online.  So while the rest of you were receiving your mailed copies of DCCRPG, I waited patiently for mine to arrive at the game store.

The call came yesterday afternoon: my copy had arrived in the store, complete with introductory adventure!  Huzzah!

I picked up my copy of DCCRPG an hour later, and have been stealing a few minutes, here and there, over the last 18 hours, browsing its contents. 

Much of what i`m reading in DCCRPG is already familiar, since I perused the beta rules during the original open play test, but its great to see it all come together in this 470 page tome.


The art is uniformly excellent, and frankly, the amount of artwork is a little overwhelming.  I hate to single one artist out, since it is all so damn good, but I found myself lingering the longest on the Russ Nicholson illustrations.

I`m puzzled by the following piece of art appearing on page 55.  Can anyone tell me who the artist is?


Edit:  I've been advised that the above illustration is by Mike Wilson.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

It kinda looks like the style of Feddie E Williams II. But, maybe not.

Chris Kutalik said...

Have no idea who the artist is, but for some reason I immediately think X1 when seeing this.

Anonymous said...

Immedietaly thinking X1 is always a good idea... ;)

I just tried google image search and found nothing.

Here are links to the DCC artists pages. Have fun!
http://www.goodman-games.com/5070preview.html

Aaron E. Steele said...

Thanks, I ended up leaving a post on the goodman games forum. hopefully someone will answer!

Aaron E. Steele said...

Apparently the artist is Mike Wilson.