Saturday, May 21, 2011

Canadiana: Lunatics Anonymous

Forget about Rebecca Black's "Friday".

"This Beat Goes On", by the Kings, is the ultimate weekend and road-trip party tune. It blows Loverboy's song, "Working For the Weekend", out of the water.



I have lots of friends that I can ring at any time
Mobilize some laughs with just one call
Like a bunch of lunatics, will act up til way past dawn
Sure we'll be rockin til our strength is gone
Yeah, this beat goes on, and on, and on and on ...

I don't give a hoot about what people have to say
I'm laughin as i'm analysed
Lunatics Anonymous that's where I belong
Sure, cause I am one til my strength is gone
Yeah, this beat goes on, and on, and on and on ...


7 comments:

Stefan Poag said...

As a teenager, "This Beat Goes On" was always on the radio in the US Midwest and I still love it.

Desert Scribe said...

Nothin' matters but the weekend
From a Tuesday point of view ...

JB said...

Your video has been "blocked in my country."

Damn!

Spawn of Endra said...

A Canadian friend I used to work with loved this song. When he learned about Napster back in 2000 it was the first song he downloaded, and he came in really excited trying to get me to listen to it. To be honest, I just didn't get it. But then again, I'm partial to Loverboy's "Turn Me Loose", so there's no accounting for taste.

@Desert Scribe: That's exactly the lyric my friend sang to try to convince me to like the song. It's a great lyric!

Timrod said...

"Takin' Care of Business" by BTO!

Timrod said...

What I meant to say was, If you're talking Canadian party/road trip tunes, BTO's gotta come up, right?

Aaron E. Steele said...

Absolutely. You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet!