Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Old School DnD Video: Dungeon Majesty

Others have posted this Dungeon Majesty video before, but I was thinking about it the other day, in relation to the "Old School Rocks!" booth planned for the 2011 Gencon Indy. I recognize quite a few Russ Nicholson illustrations, as well as some from Tomb of Horrors.



For all of you who want to support a good cause (namely, promoting the "Old School Rocks!" philosophy) you should check out this OSR t-shirt site. They are selling cool T-shirts with Shawn's Schoolhouse Rock / d20 mashup.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I think the music was composed by one of the guys from Crom. Riley Swift (the Dungeon Majesty DM) did the animation.

Chris C. said...

Nice -- very trippy!

Arkhein said...

Duuuude! Awesome! I want that video tattooed on the inside of my skull so my brain can watch it anytime it wants!

- Ark

Akrasia said...

I think I had a few dreams exactly like this during the 1980s! :P

Jay said...

Dungeon Majesty is indeed awesome. If you've not seen it, you should check out another project by one of the producers: Multinauts. It's like my favorite thing ever. EVER.

Aaron E. Steele said...

Evar!

:D

jkovesi said...

The graphics are good, but I can't understand the philosophy.