Friday, February 12, 2010

The Shrine Of Primordial Malevolence

Here is the second floor of the abandoned Keep, which guards the entrance to the Shrine Of Primordial Malevolence. No, i'm afraid that title just doesn't have the same ring as The Temple of Elemental Evil.

I was posting yesterday, regarding Tamworth Castle, which I found on the interwebs. The maps of that castle are on the above-linked website, and I found them suitable enough for my purposes that I copied them onto graph paper.

Here is the second floor of that Castle. As I mentioned previously, I like that there are several sets of stairs, leading to different areas of that castle: those stairs give players more choices as to where they want to explore. In addition, it allows me to populate the castle with several different monsters, all of whom have their own access to their lairs, without conflicting with the other denizens of the castle.

I will post the third floor tomorrow, as I am busy preparing for gaming night tonight.

3 comments:

Eli Arndt said...

How are you doing thre maps for this? I am trying to track down a good program for dungeon maps.

Old4Eyes said...

I grew up 15 miles away from Tamworth Castle aka The Shrine of Primordial Malevolence, though at the moment cant remember having been(I probably have). Something else for the "to do" list next time I go and see the relatives.
As someone who shamelessly pinches real life maps,placenames and people names I have to agree with the point about maps making sense......much as I like the Castle Ravenloft map it didnt make sense when I ran the adventure years ago

Aaron E. Steele said...

@Eli: This was done the old-fashioned way (ie printed on paper) and then scanned in to create the jpgs you see here.

I understand a program called GIMP can be used to create maps, but I have no experience with that.

Check out a recent post on the Swords Against the Outer Dark blog, where GIMP is mentioned.