Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Pathfinder RPG Red Dragon

I'm not a Pathfinder RPG player. It seems like an interesting role-playing system, for those who enjoyed D&D 3.5, but my own preferences lean towards the more rules-light, old-school versions of Dungeons and Dragons.

I can't help but be impressed, though, with the artwork being produced for this game, and the related miniatures Paizo is churning out. Case in point is this stunningly powerful and dynamic Red Dragon miniature, being released in April 2010.

This Dragon also appears on the front cover of the Pathfinder RPG, and will likely supplant my "Forge of Fury" Black Dragon as my new favorite dragon sculpt.

Yet another must-have miniature!

6 comments:

Timeshadows said...

It is a very nice looking miniature. :)

spielmeister said...

I agree! This mini would look stunning on the gaming table!

GrimJesta said...

Oh. My. Freakin'. Gawd.

I want that dragon. I'd paint it white though, since I run the Hellfrost setting and frost dragons are the KING there. But that is one great mini.

-=Grim=-

Chad Thorson said...

That is a wonderful sculpt! I've been tempted to by the core book for the artwork only, but the price on the back stops me in my tracks. They do have some awesome minis though. I especially like their goblins.

Aaron E. Steele said...

Yes, the price of the Pathfinder RPG is a barrier, though it's a pertty substantial book. I have not purchased it either.

Jay said...

Yes, I fell in love when I saw the preliminary "green" sculpt after seeing early pics on Reaper.com. If they were wise/gracious enough to do this as one of their pre-painted plastics I'd snap it up on the spot.

BTW, though I'm not a Pathfinder person myself, I was able to get a PDF of the core book (beta version) last year for free. For $10 you can get the published version.

It's a beautiful book!