Sunday, February 14, 2010

B/X Dungeons And Dragons Character

So, several days ago I rolled up a character for P_Armstrong's face-to-face B/X Dungeons and Dragons campaign (Pat, I hope pre-rolling a character is okay!)!

The B/X campaign is scheduled to kick off on Sunday, February 28, at 11 a.m. at The Sentry Box, the largest and oldest FLGS in Calgary. On the Calgary Red Box site, several of us have been talking about exploring that most venerable and beloved old-school adventure site, B2, Keep On The Borderlands. There are currently four participants, but i'm sure Pat would be pleased to have even more players around the table: low-level D&D adventures are dangerous and fatal, and there is strength in numbers, both for combat, and in bluffing the monsters into giving you their treasure in exchange for their lives. Visit the Calgary Red Box site and/or visit Pat's blog, Ode To Black Dougal, if you want to get back into old-school gaming or are interested in seeing what all the fuss is about!

I rolled up a Magic-user, and called him Castor Brandlestix. Above is the character sheet that I used to record the information. Character creation took me about seven minutes, between rolling up his stats, buying his equipment, and picking his spell. Now i'm ready for adventure!

I am going to roll up three men-at-arms as well, and bring them to the game. That way, if my character falls in combat, I will have several replacement characters to choose from!

Edit - here is one of the three men-at-arms that I created: Brother Maynard, a Cleric. The other two, Bors and Ironside, are fighting-men.

12 comments:

Akrasia said...

Good luck to Castor Brandlestix!

Anonymous said...

Serious bit of advice.

If you run into anything with claw/claw/bite attacks--RUN!!!!!!

If your wearing plate armor at the time--just surrender and beg for mercy, it's your only chance.

Jaxson bloodproud

Anonymous said...

I meant ...you're wearing plate armor... not ...your...

Can't believe I did that!
it's one of my internet peeves!

P_Armstrong said...

No problem pre-rolling a character. They all taste the same to the orcs :)

spielmeister said...

Have fun! Looks like your upcoming game promises to be a blast! :)

Narmer said...

Sounds like great fun.

Jay said...

Godspeed Castor! Remember to duck and cover!

Derobane-bane said...

Holy flashback, batman.

Castor can survive, I just know he can. I may show up at the Sentry Box to cheer Mr. Brnadlesticks on.

Rusty said...

Pretty soon, you Canadians will have to be guarding your borders as we start heading north for health care and better OSR gaming.

Carter Soles said...

I'm jealous! Sounds like great fun!

Kiltedyaksman said...

Indeed! It does look like fun. Too bad I'm geographically challenged in Ontario lol

Can you tell me where you found your character cards or can you post copies here?

Aaron E. Steele said...

@All: thanks for the encouragement! Hopefully Castor survives to get his 'second' first-level spell...

:D

@Kiltedyaksman: I will post a couple of the blank character record cards shortly. I have a couple of different-sized character cards: 5x7, 4x6, 2x2 (those 2x2 cards are for the henchmen!) I will post the blank 5x7's, if anyone wants me to post the 4x6 card (that is what I used for Brother Maynard) just let me know.