Thursday, April 24, 2014

Magic Realm: Swamps

Obviously, I'd prefer that Richard Hamblen be involved in a re-print of Magic Realm, along with his stamp of approval on any expansions.  While we wait for some kind of news on that front, I've decided to play around with some expansion ideas of my own.
These are my rough sketches of some Swamp tiles.  They have five clearings, instead of the three normally found in Woods tiles, since my thinking is that it should be more difficult to navigate and take longer to pass through swamps.
It's tempting to add some hidden paths or secret passages to the Swamps, particularly in an attempt to recreate the Dead Marshes from LOTR, but neither the original Magic Realm valley nor wood tiles contained any, so I'm hesitant to do so here.  Maybe on the Wretched Swamp tile only, connecting 1-3 and 3-5?

1 comment:

Brian Lujan said...

Those are MUCH better!