Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Kingdom Death: Monster

Speaking of artistic embellishments, there was no lack in the Kingdom Death: Monster Kickstarter that concluded many moons ago. 

In addition to a multitude of nightmarish monsters and desperate human survivors, the game creator included pinup versions of the available armor selections and heroes as optional rewards during the kickstarter campaign.  The above miniatures are pinup versions of the Survivor and Twilight Knight characters respectively.

If you missed the kickstarter campaign, you can buy a boxed set of 8 pinups featured in the KD:M lineup for $100.  That works out to $12.50 per miniature (the pinup miniatures were $15 each during the kickstarter, and were quoted as $25 retail, so this a heck of a deal).
It was such a good deal, that I bought a set, which arrived in the mail today, even though I pledged for many of the same miniatures during the kickstarter.  I also purchased and received the Experiment Of Death collection, which was the KD:M creator's earlier attempt to produce the miniatures line in PVC plastic.
Experiment Of Death is accompanied by another Twilight Knight pinup, which gives me a chance to improve my painting skills, if I flub the first attempt to paint that miniature. 

7 comments:

Obiri said...

Those are some great minis but I can't see myself buying them. I still have tons of minis from the reaper kickstarter I haven't even looked at yet and I just can't seem to motivate myself lately to paint.

Aaron E. Steele said...

And pretty pricey compared to the Bones kickstarters or even the individual Reaper retail prices. You must have money to burn to justify these KD:M figs.

Anonymous said...

Embellishment, pshah!

That is exactly what all the librarians, bar keeps, and student teachers look like here in Laramie.

Sort of.


I really want his game to get to my house. I was very disappointed in how dry and dull Myth turned out.

Aaron E. Steele said...

I never went in for Myth. I followed it for several weeks but ultimately didn't pledge.

Anonymous said...

The rulebook has tons of holes in in. 9 page FAQ already.

Lack luster minis.

Many many problems with phrasing on the cards.

They edited everything themselves.

I hope KD is watching it, because it is an example of how not launch a game.

Aaron E. Steele said...

How are the miniatures?

Anonymous said...

pretty nice blog, following :)