Saturday, September 5, 2009

Resource Cards: Test Run

Here is a picture of some resource cards that I printed, on 110 lb card-stock, as a test run to see how the resource cards would turn out.

The cards are roughly 1" x 1.25". There was enough room on those cards for a very short title, a picture of the item, and some text at the bottom.

While I am reasonably satisfied with the way they turned out, I can't help but think that I need to make the cards a touch larger, say 1.25" x 1.75", in order to allow for more text at the bottom.

5 comments:

Jay said...

These are neat, kinda reminds me of the treasure cards from the old Dungeon! board game. Sounds like they're about the same size too. Fun!

Aaron E. Steele said...

Yes, but with pretty pictures!

I remember playing that game, there were only a handful of different types of treasures.

But it was a great super-rules-light iteration of D&D, and could be played to the end-game in under two hours.

ze bulette said...

I like, although without a type of card holder or display tool at some point it might defeat the purpose (if it's to aid in resource management). Do you have a PDF?

Another link I thought you might find of interest:
http://dungeonsndigressions.blogspot.com/2009/07/dungeon-boardgame-more-scans.html
:-)

Jay said...

Ze, your scans turned out quite nice! I tried to make some of my own last year, with less successful results (the board is too dang big!).

I had hoped to make a more portable version of the game...

Aaron E. Steele said...

"I like, although without a type of card holder or display tool at some point it might defeat the purpose (if it's to aid in resource management). Do you have a PDF?"

It's still in draft form, but i'm happy to pdf and share it with you once it's cleaned up a little. There are some copyright issues though, the images are borrowed.

I am going to try to design a card-holder, to hold the character card and the resource cards. It will need clear pockets so you can see the resource and character cards. I'm still trying to settle upon a character card size / orientation / placement for such a holder.