Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Old School Monsters: Purple Worm

I remember reading some background, attributed to Gary Gygax, on the development of the purple worm. Sorry, nothing terribly "blue" about its origins.

Several miniatures companies have done their own versions of the purple worm, but for sheer massiveness and energy, you need look nay further than the one developed by WOTC.

This fellow stands easily 50% taller than its cousin, sold by Reaper. I love Reaper miniatures, but my vote goes to the WOTC version of the purple worm (the Reaper miniature for Orcus outclasses WOTC's though ... I will feature the Reaper version of Orcus in an upcoming post).

2 comments:

Gothridge Manor said...

I like it. Very cool. Stop showing all these cool minatures you're going to make me want to start collecting them again.

Aaron E. Steele said...

I like this one too. It has a certain energy to it. Resist the temptation (get your buddies to spend their money instead)